10 Must See & Do in Downtown Tahoe City, Lake Tahoe
2. Commons Beach: Whether you enjoy the Concerts at Commons Beach on summer Sundays, catch Movies at the Beach on summer Wednesdays, or take a family picnic, this beach offers great shoreline views of Lake Tahoe.
3. SnowFest! Winter Carnival: Enjoy this Mountain Mardi Gras Winter Carnival with 10 days of activities, events and concerts. Don’t forget to watch the Tahoe City SnowFest! Parade on March 1. Contact: Snowfest! 530.583.7167
4. Tahoe City Farmers’ Market: Get California certified farm-fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers and more at the Foothill Farmers’ Market at Commons Beach on Thursday mornings, 8am-12pm. May 26- Oct 13. Contact: Foot Hill Farmers Market
5. Tahoe City Harvest Festival: View Scarecrows on Parade in downtown throughout October and enjoy Cobblestone Oktoberfest with live music, kids activities and German food and beer. Sponsored by the TCDA.
6. Explore the Tahoe City Trails: Jog, walk, bike, skate, or ski the trails of Tahoe City, which run along the lake and down the Truckee River. Contact: Tahoe City PUD
7. Sunset Cruise on the Lake: Watch day turn to night during a sunset sail on Lake Tahoe, offered by businesses such as Tahoe Sailing Charters May-Oct.
8. Heritage Plaza and Watson Cabin: Heritage Plaza offers visitors a great vista point for viewing Lake Tahoe. Explore the history exhibit next door at Watson Cabin, the oldest house built on-site in Tahoe City. Contact: North Tahoe Museums 530.583.8717
9. Sunrise Kayak Trip: Catch the sunrise over the Sierras while paddling along the North Shore. Kayak rentals and tours available through vendors such as Tahoe City Kayak.
*List created by: Tahoe City Downtown Association.