Free Green Thumb Gardening Presentations at Lake Tahoe
Posted on May 8, 2013
Filed Under Lake Tahoe Eco-Tips
Join the Tahoe Resource Conservation District and our local master gardeners for free conservation landscaping presentations this summer at demonstration gardens in Tahoe City, Lake Tahoe Community College and Incline Village.
The free Green Thumb Gardening presentations include backyard composting, vegetable gardening, native plant gardening, and more throughout the summer.
Free Green Thumb classes take place Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Mondays – Lake Tahoe Community College Demonstration Garden, One College Drive, South Lake Tahoe , CA (except where noted).
Tuesdays – Tahoe Environmental Research Center Demonstration Garden, 2400 Lake Forest Road, Tahoe City, CA
Wednesdays – North Lake Tahoe Demonstration Garden, Sierra Nevada College , 999 Tahoe Blvd., Incline Village, NV
- Food Gardening 101: Flower Pot to Kitchen Pot Monday, June 24 (at Evan’s Family Garden , 1382 Mt. Olympia Circle, SLT ) and Tuesday, June 25 Wednesday, June 26 – @ North Lake Tahoe/Incline: BMP for Single Family Homes
- Right Plant, Right Place – Trees and Shrubs in High Elevation Settings Monday, July 8; Tuesday, July 9; Wednesday, July 10
- Pest Management: What’s Bugging You? Or Digging Up Your Garden? Monday, July 15; Tuesday, July 16; Wednesday, July 17
- Composting: From Garbage to Garden Monday, July 22; Tuesday, July 23; Wednesday, July 24
- Get Wild in Your Garden! Native Plants and Beneficial Insects Monday, July 29 ; Tuesday, July 30; Wednesday, July 31
- Sprinkle or Shower? Efficient Irrigation Monday, August 5; Tuesday, August 6; Wednesday, August 7
- BMPs for Single Family Homes and Landscaping Ideas Monday, August 12; Tuesday, August 13; Wednesday, August 14
- The Dirt on Your Garden Soil Monday, August 19; Tuesday, August 20 Wednesday, August 21 – @ North Lake Tahoe/Incline: Maintaining Your BMPs