Women's Wellness Weekend Event in North Lake Tahoe November 10 – 11
Posted on September 30, 2012
Filed Under North Tahoe Events
A collaboration of community medical doctors, health professionals and fitness instructors come together to provide a weekend on well-being, just for women. The annual Lake Tahoe Women’s Wellness Weekend at Granlibakken takes place Saturday and Sunday , November 10 and 11, 2012.
This favorite North Lake Tahoe event fuses Western practices with Eastern philosophy to offer a balanced weekend of information, inspiration, activities, food and wine, and local art too!
This year’s speakers include Betsy Taylor, RD speaking on “Intuitive Eating” the new release book by Evelyn Tribole; Kim Bateman, Ph.D featuring “The Psychology of Humor” and returning speakers & house favorites Ahrin Koppel, MD; and Christina Campbell, ND & Stephenie Riley, ND.
Activities include yoga, Ki Gong, nature walk (weather permitting), pilates and much more. Of course, the event closes with the favored “grand finale” interactive health fair.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday, November 10, 2012
- 7:15am Yoga
- 7:30-8:30am Sign in
- 8:30-9:30am The Power of Humor by Kim Bateman, M.A., Ph.D
- 9:30-10:30am Brown Bag Talk by Johanna Koch, MD
- 10:30-11:00am Break: Stretch/Walk
- 11:00am-12:00pm Cancer Awareness by Ahrin Koppel, MD
- 12:00-1:30pm Lunch & Presentation, Intuitive Eating by Betsy Taylor, RD
- 1:30-2:00pm Exercise Class
- 2:00-3:00pm Revolution of Thinking of Cardiovascular Health instead of Disease by Darwin Labarthe, MD, MPH, PhD
- 3:00-4:00pm Sex Talks by Shawni Coll, DO
- 4:00-7:00pm Local Artisan Booths:
Enjoy shopping and drinking wine: There will be over 15 local artisans featuring jewelry designers, knit products, photography, authors, essential oils, make up products, clothing reps and more.
- 6:00-8:00pm Optional Dinner – $25 (includes Achieve Financial Health by Robert Ayres 8-9pm)
- 8:00-9:00pm Achieve Financial Health by Robert Ayres – $25 (free with Optional Dinner purchase)
Sunday, November 11th
- 7:30-8:30am Yoga
- 7:30-9:00am Breakfast
- 9:00-10:00am Naturopathic Medicine for Common Health Ailments by Christina Campbell, ND & Stephenie Riley, ND
- 10:00-11:00am Benefits of Exercise: Cross Training & Core Strength for Optimal Physical & Mental Health by Paul Krause, MD & Alison Ganong, MD
- 11:00am-12:00pm Fire Up Your Life by motivational speaker Donna Hartley
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch
- 12:30-4:30pm Interactive Health Fair:
- The ‘grand finale’ favorite is the Interactive Health Fair. Eastern and Western practices join together to offer screenings and information. Includes quantum biofeedback, chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, make up, skin screenings, bodytalk, astrology readings, nutritional information and more.
- 3:00pm Zumba Party
Advance registration is required for this exciting weekend of health and wellness activities designed just for women. Visit http://www.granlibakken.com/wellness.php to register.
*Information gathered from Tahoe Arts and Mountain Culture.